Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Are we there yet???



Well, as of today I am 33 weeks and 1 day pregnant... which leaves 48 days left until D-Day - but who's counting??? This belly is getting bigger by the day, and our little guy seems to be getting more and more squirmy as room runs out. It's hard to believe I still have about 7 weeks left to grow bigger! Here are a few funny pregnancy things I've noticed lately:





  • No matter what I eat, I gurgle, burp and hiccup uncontrollably.

  • Sometimes when I'm sitting at work I can watch the baby kick me - my stomach jumps all over the place.

  • Reaching my toes is getting to be almost impossible, and I certainly can't see my feel while standing up.

  • I am starting to waddle... and it's definitely not pretty.

  • I constantly want food - but after eating a few bites I feel full (no room in there for my stomach anymore).


  • I can't put my hands over my head and breathe... (no room for my lungs either!)


  • Though he will be quiet for hours, as soon as I want to fall asleep the baby starts kicking.


  • Poor Ryan is required to be very patient with the tears, laughs, and crazy hormones... he never knows what he's going to get from me next!
At my baby shower last weekend, a friend asked how it felt to have a little one growing inside of me. She wanted to know if it was a strange sensation that took getting used to. I told her that I definitely went through a stage where it was very odd to know there was someone alive inside of me, moving around. Almost like a fish in a fishbowl! That took adjustment. Then I told my friend that a couple months ago I hit the stage where I realized this someone inside me was getting much bigger and would somehow have to come out! Talk about frightening! A mother of four who was listening to our conversation piped in and said, "Pretty soon you'll get to the point where you'll want him out so badly, you don't care how it happens, as long as he gets out!!!!". I can see God moving me in that direction already! It's amazing how He prepares us for the miracle of childbirth and gives us 9 months to get ready.

Stay tuned for pictures of the nursery... we are steadily making progress!

4 comments:

Ed, Sarah & Sophie said...

Fantastic photo of you V!!!!

Miranda said...

I am so excited for you guys! Love the picture of you.

Christy said...

Vanessa
Thanks for sharing your blog with me! I'm so thrilled for you and Ryan! I look forward to seeing many, many pictures of your beautiful little boy! Parenting is by and far one of the most challenging things you'll ever do in your life, but the most important and rewarding!!!

Praying for you!

Christy...still in Bamberg!

Brian and Jen said...

hey, thanks for telling me your blogsite... i think you told me before but then i lost it. :(
i'm 26 weeks now, hard to believe we're going to have 3! enjoy your last few weeks...it goes fast! and natalie came 3 weeks early! can't wait to see more pics!
by the way, love your house. so cute! :)