Saturday, January 10, 2009
Sunday, November 30, 2008
Friday, November 14, 2008
Here are a couple of pictures from the ultrasound. I'm sorry they are so small but I couldn't get them to scan any larger. One is a profile shot and the other is a picture of his face, though it looks fairly skeletal as most of our ultrasounds have. During the actual ultrasound I was able to see him moving around and catch better glimpses of what he looks like - pretty amazing! He has some good cheeks (on his face!) already and lots of hair. All his little toes look pretty good too! :) Unfortunately Ryan wasn't able to be there because it wasn't planned in advance, he will definitely be there for the big day!
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
It's hard to believe it's been 5 years since we were married! So much has happened in those five years... we spent our first three married months on different continents while we waited for the Army to allow me to come live in Germany... we finally began married life together while adjusting to a different country and culture, as well as military life... we spent 11 months apart while Ryan was deployed to Afghanistan, not to mention the months apart for training leading up to the deployment... Ryan lost a good friend in the first five days of his deployment to a land mine and we realized once again how fragile and precious life truly is... we moved to Virginia and established a new life with new friends and new jobs... we grieved through losing a baby early in pregnancy... we were blessed with a wonderful church home in Virginia and amazing supportive friends... and now we've left the military, moved back "home" near our families, are part of an incredible church family, and God has blessed us with a little boy who will be born in a few weeks! It's amazing what five years can bring about - two continents, three different homes, and so much joy amidst the stretching and trying times. God has always given us the grace and the strength for each new phase He has asked us to walk through. It's amazing to look back and see His faithfulness and care for us. Our love has grown stronger with each year and each circumstance. Can't wait for 5...10...50 more years together!!!!
Friday, November 7, 2008
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Well, as of today I am 33 weeks and 1 day pregnant... which leaves 48 days left until D-Day - but who's counting??? This belly is getting bigger by the day, and our little guy seems to be getting more and more squirmy as room runs out. It's hard to believe I still have about 7 weeks left to grow bigger! Here are a few funny pregnancy things I've noticed lately:
- No matter what I eat, I gurgle, burp and hiccup uncontrollably.
- Sometimes when I'm sitting at work I can watch the baby kick me - my stomach jumps all over the place.
- Reaching my toes is getting to be almost impossible, and I certainly can't see my feel while standing up.
- I am starting to waddle... and it's definitely not pretty.
- I constantly want food - but after eating a few bites I feel full (no room in there for my stomach anymore).
- I can't put my hands over my head and breathe... (no room for my lungs either!)
- Though he will be quiet for hours, as soon as I want to fall asleep the baby starts kicking.
- Poor Ryan is required to be very patient with the tears, laughs, and crazy hormones... he never knows what he's going to get from me next!
Stay tuned for pictures of the nursery... we are steadily making progress!