Saturday, January 10, 2009

Elijah Ryan Arrives

I'm sorry it's taken me so long to get pictures posted on our blog! It's amazing how much less I get done with a newborn in my arms!!! Elijah Ryan Mayhew was born December 18, 2008 at 9:21 a.m. He weighed 6 lbs 10 oz and was 20 inches long. I went into the hospital on December 16th for prep, induction with pitocin began at 8:30 a.m. on December 17th, and 25 very long hours later Elijah entered the world. I narrowly escaped a c-section and for that I am very thankful! Elijah was worth every minute of the difficult labor and has truly been a joy to Ryan and I. He is a great baby and rarely cries, though we are still working on the concept of sleeping at night. He's been nursing like a champ and at his 3 week checkup this past week already weighs 8 lbs 5.5 oz and is 21.25 inches. Here are some pictures... More to come soon.



3 comments:

Ben said...

Congratulations Vanessa, he's beautiful! And that's good birthday to have (of course, shared with me, haha). Glad everything is going well.

- Ben Hoffman

Brian and Jen said...

So excited to see your pics. He's beautiful and you and Ryan look great too. Enjoy!

Christy said...

I know I've already congratulated him, but just wanted to say again how beautiful he is and how positively in love you and Ryan both look with him!!! :)

God Bless