Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving

It's been awhile since I've posted anything. Life has been busy! Between work, church, doctor appointments, family gatherings and getting the house in order for baby it's been hard to stop and slow down. On Thanksgiving Day, we had the opportunity to do just that - relax! We spent the afternoon with the Mayhew's and enjoyed a delicious Thanksgiving dinner, then headed over to the Mayo's for some yummy dessert. It was a great day with people we love... Here are some pictures from the Mayhew side. I guess by the time we got to the Mayo's we were too stuffed to remember to take pictures! :)

My last day at work will be Tuesday, December 2nd. I cannot wait to be on maternity leave and start to really focus on our little guy's arrival. The nursery is almost done - the crib and bassinet are ready, clothes are washed and in drawers, and the changing table is set up. Though we still have some finishing touches, it's good to know that if he came tonight we would be set up enough to bring him home.

I guess in some ways you can never completely prepare for the arrival of your first child (or probably any thereafter). I find myself to be an emotional yo-yo lately; some moments I am so anxious for him to arrive I cannot focus on anything else, and other moments are pure panic at the thought of how life will change and whether we will be good parents. The responsibility is amazing! I am comforted to know that many many have gone before us in this endeavor, and having children is spoken of in the Bible as a blessing from God. We have prayed long and hard for this baby and we trust that the Lord will give us our DAILY bread and wisdom as we set out on this new journey of parenthood.










2 comments:

Brian and Jen said...

Hey Vanessa... I had a dream with you guys in it in last night. It was really weird. We were in college together... ??? Anyway, I woke up and couldn't get back to sleep and couldn't stop thinking about you. I just felt prompted to pray for you and so I did. Just wanted to check in and see how you're doing. I kept thinking you might be going into labor or something, or else just anxious about the baby. I don't know... just wanted to let you know that I was thinking and praying for you! :)

Christy said...

Vanessa you will be a wonderful mother and although you can never truly prepare for a baby in so many ways, you're as prepared as you can be! I can't wait to hear that you have welcomed your son!!!

Praying for you girl!!